Wednesday, November 23, 2011

We've finally relented

For months we have been debating laptop or no laptop on this trip. I saw bringing a laptop as being an inconvenience. What will we do with it if we want to go swimming in the ocean? (Keep in mind we have been married ten years and only gone swimming in the ocean together twice). There's the worry about it (and all it's data) getting lost or stolen. Isn't it better to just use internet cafes?

Well we have finally decided to take it with us and I feel relieved. I barely last more than two hours without googling something. Did I really imagine we could travel for 3 months without a laptop. It's not like we're travelling Bear Grills style and the laptop will impede us while we're wrestling snakes. I wonder who carries Bear's laptop.

So a matter of days till take off. It feels pretty sureal. I can't believe we're actually doing this because it was quite a spontaneous decision. It will be awesome to spend this quality time with the kids while they are still young and want to hang around with us.

Thanks to you guys who posted blog comments. It really helps inspire me to write more stuff...am trying to figure out how to comment on your comments the blog won't let me. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

1 comment:

  1. Keep in mind you will have to screen your laptop separately at airports I.e take it out and put it through the X-ray. I would leave it but since you are blogging the trip...not sure how many Internet cafes there are in central China. You will need an international adaptor and maybe an LAN connector for the phone socket.

    ReplyDelete